Eridge House are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
• when you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes your email address, name, contact telephone number, which is provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services;
• whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
• whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site.
We may use your personal data for the legitimate interests of Eridge House Rest Home Limited in order to provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
• allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
• ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• improve our Site and services;
• process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check before you submit your information to these websites.
2. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with data protection legislation we are required to notify you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following reasons:
• for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
• where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to; and
• for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy).
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your information to third parties for the following legitimate interests:
• to staff members, contractors in order to facilitate the provision of services or product information to you;
• to our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
• IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf; and
We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our residents, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
4. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
• We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
5. DATA SECURITY
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure hard drives. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
6. ACCESS TO, UPDATING, DELETING AND RESTRICTING USE OF PERSONAL DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
• update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
• remove your personal data from our database entirely;
• send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
• restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
• Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Lead at email@example.com specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
7. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org